Graduated in Art Studies and Art History at Gakushuin University, studied abroad at Camberwell College of Arts, UK. As art writer and translator, Tamayo is experienced in making art museum audio guides, authoring art columns, and translating art books. She is also a Sumie painter, and chair of an ink painting school. Her items are avilable online at Etsy and DeliGraphics. During her first year of university she was enchanted with the work of Kaō, a Japanese Zen monk painter of the 14th century, and began training under the sumi-e master Sōu Meguro. While studying abroad in England she launched her own brand of sumi-e painted clothing, “Tamayo”, sold through Shibuya Seibu, Laforet Harajuku, hpfrance, and tomorrowland, and exhibited in a well-known fashion exhibition “rooms”. Other works include:
• Sumi-e kimono for Tackey & Tsubasa promotional video
• Solo exhibitions in Germany (2012) and America (2013)
• Sumi-e performance in the 2015 “Whenever Wherever Festival white”
• 2016 works exhibited in Shinjuku Isetan and Shinjuku Takashimaya
• 2017 collaborated with fashion brand “Little Eagle” on a sumi-e painted dress, exhibited in Osaka’s Daimaru Museum and all across Japan
• September issues of “Otoko no Kakurega” magazine (Sumi-e class featured), and Sei-en magazine (cover art).
• TV appearance on an evening news program in Kansai area, Japan on September 21.